GOMBE STATE AGENCY FOR COMMUNITY AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has received a Credit/Loan from the World Bank/ International Development Association toward the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP – AF). The objective of the CSDP is access to people (in rural communities) in the state to improved social and natural resources infrastructure services in sustainable manner through the provision of grant support to communities. The Project will be implemented over a two (2) year period. It is intended that part of the credit/loan will be applied to eligible payment for services of the following in Gombe state.
1. Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
• Ensuring the maintenance of records of all types of data information on SA activities;
• Overseeing the monitoring and evaluation department of SA and coordinating the activities of the MIS and M&E units;
• Providing guidelines and guidance for the operations of the MIS and M&E units for them to meet the expectations of the SA;
• Liaising with the LGRC and other Departments of the SA for M&E purposes and working with the communities to ensure effective participatory monitoring and evaluation of CDPs and micro projects;
• Consolidating annual budget and work-plan for the department;
• Designing field data collection and collation formats for the SA;
• Develop Terms of Reference and provide guidance for all M&E studies;
• Liaising with the Operations and Finance and Administration departments to collect and collect data for tracking of key activities of the SA: (budget performance, financial matters like costing/pricing of CSDP activities in the State, operations, etc.), and
• Providing cumulative records, analysis and statistics of activities over time to guide operations and provide information base for planning and future evaluation.
(ii) Qualification: A university degree in Agriculture, Statistics, and Social Sciences, Engineering, Extension. Services or Project Management with at least twelve years post qualification experience. Knowledge of Computer is mandatory. Previous experience in project monitoring and evaluation shall be an added advantage.
2. Project Officer Procurement
• Be responsible for procurement at the SA including procurement planning, design, implementation, management and training;
• Be responsible for the preparation of bid documents (inclusive technical specifications) for the acquisition of good/services;
• Serve as Secretary for all evaluation and selection of consultant and suppliers within agreed processes;
• Effectively manage all contracts and ensure that deliveries (quality,/quantity/time) are in line with contract provisions;
• Ensure appropriate sanctions are applied on defaulting contractors;
• Provide training on procurement and community contracting to Operations Officers;
• Provide assistance to financial officers on contractual disbursement;
• Ensure that CPMCs adhere to procurement procedures and guidelines;
• Prepare and submit procurement status reports on a quarterly basis as part of financial monitoring report;
• Prepare evaluation reports for all evaluation of goods and services;
• Maintain comprehensive procurement unit cost database to be used in preparing a Project Cost Document and provide up to date information on all procurement at the SA;
• Ensure that procurement plans are implement as scheduled;
• Provide training to the communities on community contracting;
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the General Manager.
(ii) Qualification and Experience
At least a first degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Architecture, Marketing, Purchasing and Supply or related filed, with at least 5 years post qualification experience part of which must relate to procurement in a foreign funded agency or state government due process office. Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in community contracting is an added advantage.
3. Motor Driver Mechanic (2nos)
• Drive personnel and move goods and people between /within and outside the State;
• Ensure maintenance of vehicles.
4. The Gombe State Agency for Community and Social Development requests for Ten (10) copies of Curriculum Vitae from eligible/interested applicants for the above positions. All applications must be addressed and delivered to:
The Secretary to the State Government,
Government House Gombe,
The applications will be submitted to the above mentioned address not later than two (2) weeks from the date of this advertisement. Applicants are to be clearly marked on the envelope “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE POSITION OF………………………..” do not open before 10:00am……………2018.
5. Interested applicants may obtain further information from the office of the;
The General Manager,
Gombe State Agency for Community and Social Development (CSDPs),
Opposite Presidential Lodge, GRA Gombe
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST
All rights reserved to the respective brands – Tenders in Nigeria.