NATIONAL BIOSAFETY MANAGEMENT AGENCY (NBMA)
NATIONAL BIOSAFETY MANAGEMENT AGENCY (NBMA)
NATIONAL PARK SERVICE HEADQUARTERS, AIRPORT ROAD, ABUJA
INVITATION TO TENDER FOR CAPITAL PROJECTS UNDER 2018 APPROPRIATION
The National Biosafety Management Agency, a parastatal under the supervision of the Federal Ministry of Environment in furtherance of its statutory mandate and in compliance with relevant provisions of the Public Procurement Act, 2007 hereby invites interested reputable contractors/service providers with requisite competence to submit Technical and Financial Bids for the following Capital projects under the 2018 Appropriation Act.
CATEGORY A (GOODS)
LOT NO. Project Title
1. Procurement of 5 No. Operational Vehicles
2. Procurement of Computers and Networking of Office Complex
3. Procurement and Equipping of Laboratory of (GMO) Detection/analysis
4. Procurement of Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO) Detection kits
CATEGORY B (SERVICES)
LOT NO. Project Title
5. Nationwide Survey and Tracking of Genetically Modified Organisms, (GMOs) and Inspections of GMO Farms, Companies and Research Institutions
6. Sensitization /Empowerment Programme in Ukwa East/West Federal Constituency, Abia State
7. IT Website Developing and Desktop Publishing Training for Youths in Obokun/Oriade Federal Constituency, Osun State
8. Capacity Building
9. Meetings of Board Members and Technical Meeting on Risk Assessment Reviews of Biosafety applications.
2.0 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
1. Evidence of Registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including forms CAC2 and CAC7
2. Evidence of Company Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December, 2018.
3. Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2018.
4. Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2018.
5. Evidence of current Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2018.
6. Evidence of Registration on the Bureau of Public Procurement National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Supplier by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 1st January, 2019 or valid certificate issued by the BPP.
7. Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of Michael Imoudu National Institute for Labour Studies or Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
8. Company Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2015, 2016 & 2017).
9. Company profile with the curriculum vitae of key staff to be deployed for the project including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications (where applicable).
10. Evidence of financial capability to execute the project including Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
11. Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including letters of awards, job completion certificates and photographs of the projects.
12. For motor vehicle procurement, “only companies included in the National Automotive Design and Development Council’s approved list of local manufacturers or vehicles or their authorized representatives should bid for the procurement”
13. All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter under the company/firm’s letter head paper bearing amongst others the registration number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), contact address, telephone number (GSM) and e-mail address. The letterhead paper must bear the names and nationalities of the Directors of the company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
3.0 COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Interested companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Document (SBD) (for Goods) from the office of the Head (Procurement) National Biosafety Management Agency (NBMA) on evidence of payment of a non-refundable fee of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) per lot, paid into the National Biosafety Management Agency’s Remita account in any commercial bank.
4.0 SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Prospective bidder (for Goods) are to submit bid for each of the Lot desired, two (2) hard copies each of technical and financial bids with soft copy of financial bid in MS Excel format packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as “Technical Bid” or “Financial Bid”. Thereafter, put the two sealed envelope together in a bigger sealed envelope and addressed to The Director General, National Biosafety Management Agency, Inside National Park Service Headquarters, Airport Road, Abuja. Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box at the Office of The Director-General/CEO not later than 12 noon, on Monday 3rd September, 2018.
5.0 SUBMISSION OF EOI
Prospective Consultants are to submit EOI for each of the lot desired, packaged in an envelope and addressed as indicated in paragraph 4 above. Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated tender box at the office of the Director-General/CEO not later than 12 noon, on Monday 3rd September, 2018.
6.0 OPENING OF BID
The Technical Bids/EOI will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12 noon on Monday 3rd September, 2018 in the Conference Hall of the National Biosafety Management Agency (NBMA), in the presence of bidders or their representatives while the financial bids for Goods will be kept un-opened. Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the Office of the Director-General/CEO, National Biosafety Management Agency, National Park Service Headquarters premises, Airport Road, Abuja, as the Agency will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids. For further enquiries, please contact the Head (Procurement).
7.0 GENERAL INFORMATION
• Bid must be in English language and signed by an official authorized by the bidder.
• Bid submitted after the deadline for submission will be returned unopened.
• Bidders should not bid for more than two (2) Lots;
• All costs will be borne by the bidders.
• All pre-qualified bidders will be contacted at a later date for financial bid opening, while financial bid of un-successful bidders will be returned unopened.
• Only shortlisted Consultants will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals.
• The National Biosafety Management Agency is not bound to prequalify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.
National Biosafety Management Agency (NBMA)
All rights reserved to the respective brands – Tenders in Nigeria.