THE FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE (FMOF)
THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF NIGERIA
THE FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE (FMOF)
SUPPORT TO THE HOME FINANCE DEPARTMENT
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE ENGAGEMENT OF A PROGRAMME ASSISTANT FOR THE SFTAS PROGRAM
The Federal Government of Nigeria has agreed with the World Bank on a multi-year (2018-2022) program to support Nigerian states to strengthen fiscal performance and sustainability: The State Fiscal Transparency, Accountability and Sustainability (SFTAS) Program for Results (“The Program”).
2. The Home Finance Department (HFD) in the Federal Ministry of Finance (FMoF) will house the SFTAS Program Coordination Unit (PCU). The PCU’s key functions are to:
i) Coordinate state capacity building activities delivered by different implementing agencies;
ii) Conduct communications and outreach activities for the Program;
iii) Conduct monitoring and evaluation activities for the overall Program;
iv) Disburse P for R financing to the states on the basis of the verified results from the independent verification agent (IVA);
v) Provide accounting and reporting for the Program;
vi) Act as the interface with the Bank’s supervision and implementation support team; and
vii) Act as the secretariat for the Central Steering Committee. The Program’s technical assistance component will provide financing to FMoF to recruit several consultants to work alongside Ministry staff to carry out the PCU’s key functions.
3. The FMoF has identified the need to engage an experienced Consultant as the Program Assistant for the SFTAS Program in the PCU during the Program’s implementation.
4. The principal task of the Program Assistant (Consultant) is to provide administrative services to support the Program Manager and other members of the Program Coordination Unit (PCU) so that the PCU can successfully perform the key functions-as prescribed above – for the SFTAS Program.
5. The Program Assistant (Consultant) is expected to conduct/implement the key operational activities that include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provide administrative support to the Program Manager to oversee the implementation of PCU activities on a day-to-day basis and ensure that they are carried out in accordance with the PCU’s annual work plan and budget and the POM;
• Provide administrative support to the Program Manager to manage consultancy firms hired by the PCU to support the implementation of the PCU’s activities;
• Provide administrative support to the Program Manager as the Secretary to the Steering Committee, specifically to:
o Convene meetings in accordance to the POM;
o Prepare relevant materials for the meetings;
o Draft and circulate the minutes;
o Coordinate and monitor follow-up actions.
• Provide administrative support to the Communications specialist, M&E specialist, Capacity Building specialist, FM specialist, and Procurement specialist in the PCU to help them carry out their tasks effectively;
• Provide administrative support to the Program Manager to act as the day-to-day focal point for the World Bank’s implementation and supervision activities;
• Perform other duties as required and requested by the Program Manager within the framework of this consultancy.
6. The Home Finance Department in the Federal Ministry of Finance hereby invites eligible individuals to indicate their interest in providing to services. Interested individuals should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services.
Shortlisting criteria are:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Management, Public Administration, Public Finance or other relevant fields;
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in project management and administration;
• Experience of working in development programs with the Nigerian Public Sector an advantage;
• Experience of working with international organizations, bilateral donors and international financial institutions and advantage;
• Highly computer literate with demonstrable proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel;
• Fluency in spoken English required with excellent written English skills, including sound report-writing skills;
• Proven ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines;
• Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team.
7. The individual consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” (Procurement Regulations) dated July 2016 (revised November 2017) under the “New Procurement Framework (NPF), available at the World Bank website: https://policies.worldbank.org/sites/ppf3/PPFDocuments/Forms/DispPage.aspx?docid=4005&ver=current.
8. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours (from 09hours to 1600 hours) Monday through Friday (Except Public Holidays) from the Program Coordinator, Tel: +234(0)8033462383.
9. Expression of Interest accompanied by candidate’s curriculum vitae must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail) by Tuesday, 17th July, 2018 at 5:00pm prompt.
The National Program Coordinator
Program Coordinating Unit, Home Finance Department
Federal Ministry of Finance
Block B’, Room 330, Third Floor.
Federal Ministry of Finance Building.
Central Business District, Abuja.
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST
All rights reserved to the respective brands – Tenders in Nigeria.