NATIONAL BIOSAFETY MANAGEMENT AGENCY (NBMA)
NATIONAL BIOSAFETY MANAGEMENT AGENCY
PUBLIC DISPLAY OF APPLICATION DOSSIER FOR CONFINED FIELD TRIAL OF HERBICIDE TOLERANT (HT) SOY BEAN
In accordance with the Biosafety Management Agency Act 2015, requiring public display of any biosafety application, for permit to internationally release genetically modified organisms (GMOs), for comments, the National Biosafety Management Agency (NBMA) hereby announces a twenty-one (21) day display of an application dossier by National Biotechnology Development Agency for confined field trial (CTF) of genetically modified herbicide tolerant soy bean. The display, will effect from 20th March, 2018 to 9th April, 2018, is to enable the public to make input that would facilitate informed decision on the application.
2. Description of the Proposed CFT
The confined field trial is for the purpose of:
• Field screening and introgression of Glyphosate tolerant soy bean gene into commercial soy bean (Glycine max (L) Meril) varieties in Nigeria.
3. Display Centres are:
• National Biosafety Management Agency, Airport Road, Abuja.
• National Biotechnology Development Agency, Abuja.
• National Cereal Crop Research Institute, Badeggi.
• Institute for Agricultural Research (IAR), Zaria.
• Website of the National Biosafety Management Agency; www.nbma.gov.ng.
4. Display Duration
Date: 20th March, 201 – 9th April, 2018
Time: 8:00am – 4:00pm
ALL COMMENTS SHOULD BE FORWARDED TO THE OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR GENERAL, NATIONAL BIOSAFETY MANAGEMENT AGENCY ON OR BEFORE 10TH APRIL 2018.
E-mail: [email protected] [email protected]
Director-General/ Chief Executive Officer NBMA
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST
All rights reserved to the respective brands – Tenders in Nigeria.