WOMEN FOR HEALTH (W4H)
INVITATION FOR PRE-QUALIFICATION OF CONTRACTORS
The UK aid-funded Women for Health (W4H) programme has been working since November 2012 to improve the number and capacity of female health workers in five states in Northern Nigeria (Kano, Katsina, Jigawa, Zamfara and Yobe). With the extension phase of the programme in November 2017, W4H will continue to increase the physical, management and teaching capacity of the health training institutions (this); improving quality of teaching and introduction of a Foundation Year Programme (FYP) for rural women to improve their academic credentials, study skills and confidence to enter health worker training. This pre-qualification is for workers to be executed in Borno state, Northeastern Nigeria.
2. LIST OF COLLEGES
COLLEGE OF NURSING & MIDWIFERY (CONM), MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE
COLLEGE OF HEALTH TECHNOLOGY (CHT), MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE
3. LIST OF PROJECTS
• Lot 1 – Construction of Academic Block (Phase I) (at CONM)
• Lot 2 – Construction of Kitchen Block to existing Female Hostel (at SON)
• Lot 3 – Construction of Kitchen Block to existing Female Hostel (at SOM)
• Lot 4 – Construction of Kitchen Block to existing Female Hostel (at CHT)
• Lot 5 – Construction of Crèche at CONM
• Lot 6 – Rehabilitation and Upgrade of General Sciences Laboratory (at CONM)
4. PRE-QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
a) Each Contractor is expected to submit the following corporate responsibility documents:
i. Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
ii. Evidence of Company’s Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December, 2018.
iii. Copy of Certified Audited Accounts for immediate past 3 years (2015, 2016 and 2017) duly stamped by certified auditors.
5. OTHER CRITERIA
i. Evidence of Financial Capability and Banking Support (Bank Reference Letter, Statement of Account for the last 3 months).
ii. Experiences /Technical Qualification of key personnel (Company Profile, CVs and Credentials).
iii. Evidence of knowledge of the industry (Award letters of projects executed and Certificates of Practical Completion).
iv. List of completed and on-going projects (if any).
v. Relevant information concerning means of contact, e.g. Telephone (GSM), E-mail Address etc. of Company and Responsible person.
vi. Covering letter indicating ONLY 1 project that the bidder proposes to work on.
Note: After being pre-qualified, original copies of documents listed above may be required to be produced for sighting before collection of Tender Documents.
6. SUBMISSION OF COMPLETED PRE-QUALIFICATION DOCUMENTS
The Pre-qualification documents should be addressed to the National Programme Manager, W4H National Office, 1, Adamu Dankabo Close, Off Tukur Road, Nasarawa G.R.A, Kano and submitted in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Pre-qualification to tender for LOT…..“(Name of proposed project)”. All documents should be submitted and registered not later than 10:00 on Tuesday, 2nd October, 2018. Opening of submissions will commence immediately after at 11:00 hours, same day. Representatives of the interested parties are required to be present during the opening exercise for pre-qualification at Grand Central Hotel, Bompa Road Kano.
PLEASE NOTE THAT:
– W4H reserves the right to verify claims by the bidders and may disqualify Contractors on false claims made during the pre-qualification exercise and is neither committed nor obliged to award any contract to any Contractor.
– That this advertisement for invitation to pre-qualification shall not be considered as a commitment on the part of W4H, nor shall it entitle any bidder to make any claims whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from W4H.
– Full tender procedures will apply only to bidders that are pre-qualified and found capable of executing the projects.
National Programme Manager
SOURCE: DAILY TRUST
All rights reserved to the respective brands – Tenders in Nigeria.