PLATEAU STATE POTATO VALUE CHAIN SUPPORT PROJECT
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSULTING SERVICES FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION MANUAL (PIM)
Financing Agreement reference: 2100150037297
Project ID No.: P-NG-A00-008
Title: Individual Consultant
This Request for Expression of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in Development Business No. AfDB 75-0/18 of January 26, 2018.
The Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria/Plateau State Government has received financing from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the Plateau State Potato Value Chain Support Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for this loan to payments under the contract for Plateau State Potato Value Chain Support Project/Project Implementation Manual (PIM). The Project Implementation Manual (PIM) will provide overall guidance on the implementation of Potato Value Chain Support project from starting to closing dates.
The services included under this project are as follows:
• Development of a Project Implementation Manual (PIM) that simplifies, formalize and standardize PMU administrative procedures, procurement of goods and services, training, and consultancies (as applicable), financial management (planning, budgeting, accounting and recording, internal controls, reporting and auditing), disbursements, monitoring and evaluation, progress reporting and relations with stakeholders (including outlining the main roles and responsibilities of the stakeholders).
• The manual is expected to detail policies and procedures, including specific methods where applicable to be adopted on a day basis by the PMU in the course of Project Implementation with respect to the above mentioned activities and functions (in paragraph 2.1 above).
• With due care and regard to internal controls and procedures, AfDB rules and procedures as well as related financing agreements, the manual is expected to detail responsibilities, stages and lead times in the context of the foregoing institutional arrangements. The manual shall thus also help in the process of monitoring and overseeing project implementing activities.
• At the onset, the manual should outlined the overall institutional aspects, with adequate reference to the project implementation and coordination arrangements and related requirements by AfDB and Government, with complete avoidance of any level of ambiguity. The rest of the subsequent chapters should follow a professionally acceptable chronological order.
• Chapters covering specialized areas like procurement, financial reporting and external audit should clearly elaborate on methods and standards. For example, Procurement chapters should outline in simple language, what procedures the PMU must follow in purchasing goods, services, and civil works (depending on the value of the items); what documents must be provided as evidence of following the defined procurement procedures; and simple reporting should outline the Financial Reporting Standards used, financial reporting chronology of activities (with timelines), basis of accounting (ideally cash basis) and content of financial statements etc. whereas the external audit chapters should outline type of audit, qualities of the auditors/audit firms, standards of auditing to be applied and external audit deliverables, with time frames.
• Institutional linkages should be clearly spelt out, with a clear articulation of roles and responsibility of the Government, AfDB and the PMU itself. The supporting and/or oversight roles of beneficiary institution technical specialists, technical committee and/or Project Steering Committees should be clearly stated, with sufficient detail on linkage modalities.
• Where applicable, the manual should give clear guidance on the composition of ad-hoc and standing specialized and non-specialized committees which shall be relevant for project implementation (e.g. the procurement/tender committees), clearly guiding on process and considerations for appointing members of such committees.
The shortlisted candidates will be provided with the Terms of Reference that contains more detailed information about project objectives, scope of work, deliverables and other related issues.
A Consultant should have a high level of technical competence and holistic Project Management Implementation and adequate demonstrable experience in designing and developing Project Implementation Manuals for the public sector projects, particularly donor funded ones. The consultant should therefore have an adequate combination of:
i. University degrees in Agricultural economics, economics, management, or related disciplines;
ii. Demonstrated experience cutting across experience in project design and implementation, experience in donor funded projects is required and experience in AfDB funded projects will be an added advantage.
iii. A minimum of five (5) years of practical experience in procurement, financial management, project monitoring and evaluation and project implementation administrative functions.
iv. Thorough knowledge of procurement rules and procedures, financial and disbursement as well as monitoring and evaluation requirement of African Development Bank supported project and the public sector;
v. Prior experience in preparation of Project Implementation Manuals for donor supported projects or national projects is desired.
vi. Excellent written and oral English; and
vii. Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work effectively under pressure.
The project now invites eligible consultant to indicate interest in providing these services.
Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (curriculum vitae, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills etc.).
ASSUMPTION OF DUTIES AND DURATION OF CONTRACT
The successful applicant may be expected to assume duties in April, 2018. The duration of the contract is 30 non-consecutive working days over a period of 8 weeks.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the shortlist and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org.
Interested consultant may obtain further information at the address below from Monday to Friday during office hours (8:00am – 4:00pm).
Expression of interest must be delivered to the address below by 21st March, 2018 at 4:00pm and indicate “Individual Consultant Services”.
Plateau Potato Value Chain Support Project
Attn: Thaddeus T. Yalwa
State Project Coordinator
C/O Plateau Agricultural Development Programme
P.M.B. 2119 Dogon Dutse, Jos Plateau State
E-mail: [email protected]
SOURCE: THE NATION
All rights reserved to the respective brands – Tenders in Nigeria.